Democracy is on the Ballot this November.
Your Vote Matters.
“The right to vote is precious, almost sacred. People fought for it, bled for it, died for it.
Honor their sacrifice. Vote.” – The Honorable John Lewis
A strong democracy is dependent on active participation in local, state and federal elections; and when we all participate, our government better reflects who we are and the values we stand for. This November, we are facing the election of a lifetime. Yet, the ongoing pandemic coupled with voter suppression tactics are creating new barriers for voters across the country.
F.Y. Eye is raising awareness about how to vote and working with our network of nonprofit partners to mobilize New Yorkers of all backgrounds to get involved in the upcoming election. We are meeting New Yorkers where they are every day to make sure that as many of us who can vote and participate in the election process do.
Our Plan + What We’re Doing:
- Build a voting PSA clearinghouse that provides a diverse array of nonprofit and community-created civic graphics available for download
- Disseminate up-to-date voter information from leading nonpartisan voter engagement nonprofits on how to register, confirm registration, vote absentee and vote in person both early and on Election Day using all of our distribution channels
- Encourage our mission-driven media partners to donate remnant space to further amplify strategic and effective voter engagement messages
- Help guide New Yorkers to develop a plan and decide how and when they will cast their vote
- Integrate civic engagement tools into our website and encourage our nonprofit partners to do the same.
- Partner with New York nonprofits and other community-based organizations serving new voters and politically disengaged populations on voter outreach and mobilization campaigns
- Motivate willing and able New Yorkers to serve as poll workers
- Use the power of art and design to inspire voter participation with F.Y. Eye’s Impact Artist CollectiveTM and young artists living throughout New York
Your Plan: Get Involved + Vote
- Confirm Your Registration: Double check that you are registered to vote here. If you are not registered to vote, or you have registered at the wrong address, then you can register/update your voter registration here. The deadline to register to vote is October 9, 2020.
- Apply to Vote by Mail NOW: Request your mail in ballot (aka “absentee ballot”) early to ensure it arrives on time. You must postmark, apply online, email or fax your completed application by October 27, 2020. You may apply in-person by November 2, 2020. Ballots will be mailed beginning on September 18, 2020. New York no longer requires an excuse to vote absentee – the pandemic is excuse enough.
- Vote! Mail in your ballot, drop it off at a drop box or at your elections office, or vote in person. You are still eligible to vote in person (Early Voting or on Election Day) if you request an absentee ballot. Early Voting will take place from October 24, 2020 – November 1, 2020. Election Day is November 3, 2020. If you vote in person, don’t forget to properly wear your mask and stay six feet apart from others.
- Become a Poll Worker! Help ensure that as many polling locations as possible are open and available for each and every New Yorker to cast her/his/their ballot. Learn more about paid poll worker opportunities in New York here.
Key Election Dates
- 10/9: Voter registration deadline
- 10/24: Early voting starts
- 10/27: Absentee/Vote-By-Mail ballot request deadline
- 11/1: Early voting ends
- 11/3: Absentee/Vote-By-Mail ballot postmark deadline
- 11/3: Election Day
Other Useful Resources
Sign up for Election Reminders Today